2 mackerel fillets, pin boned and divided into 4
¼ tsp English mustard
4 slices of white bread, crusts off
1 beaten egg
300g pancetta lardons
1 little gem lettuce
200ml rapeseed oil
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Start by rolling out the white bread as thinly as possible
- Egg wash one side of the bread, place the mackerel inside it with a smither of mustard.
- Roll it up tightly and leave to set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In a non-stick pan fry off the pancetta lardons until crispy. Set aside, saving the oil released.
- Then fry off you prepared mackerel bread in a non-stick pan with a little oil for 2 minutes each side until brown and almost cooked in the middle.
- Make your salad of tomatoes, lettuce and pancetta
- Place your mackerel on top and drizzle with a little pancetta oil to finish.