Our cooking competition at this year’s Melplash Agricultural Show – Thursday 21st August – is going to be to find the best seafood skewers (or brochettas) served with an optional sauce.
The winners will be the cooks recognised by the judges for producing in their opinion the best seafood skewers
The seafood skewers can be made of any type of fish or shellfish (preferably local) and should be prepared ready to serve. Please indicate whether to be eaten cold or warmed up.
- A total of thee skewers using the same ingreadients should be supplied (1 for tasting and judging and 2 for display at the Show)
- No garnish is necessary; the Riverside will provide garnish for displaying on Show Day
- The skewer can be served on their own or with an optional sauce
- The skewers and optional sauce should be delivered in a non-returnable container
- The dish is to accompanied with a typed copy of the recipe giving details of the ingredients, where they were sources and the cooking method
- The seafood skewers should be delivered to the Riverside Restaurant on Wednesday 20th August between 10.30 am and 3.30 pm.
- (All rules and regulations set down in the Handicraft and Horticultural Catalogue 2014 apply visit www.melplashshow.co.uk to view a copy.
- Judging will take place at 4pm at the Riverside Restaurant
Show Day – Thursday 21st August 2014
All entries and the winning seafood skewer will be on display in the ‘By the Sea Marquee’. Prize giving will take place at 11am.
- 1st Prize An £80 voucher to eat at the Riverside Restaurant
- 2nd Prize A £40 voucher to eat at the Riverside Restaurant
- 3rd Prize A bottle of wine
The competition is open to all amateur cooks; applications forms can be obtained from the Show’s website www.melplashshow.co.uk or picked up from the restaurant.
Closing date for entry is Friday 15th August 2014