THIS IS A SAMPLE MENU ONLY
WINE BY THE GLASS
- HOUSE DRY France: Blanc de Blancs. Pays des Côtes de Gascogne. 11.5% vol
- HOUSE MEDIUM DRY France: Cuvee Jean Paul Demi-Sec. 11.5 % vol.
- HOUSE MEDIUM SWEET Germany: Riesling Kabinett Nahe with attractive summer flower bouquet and fruity flavour 9.5% vol.
- MUSCADET SUR LIE France: Light, clean and dry with crisp floral fruit. 12% vol.
- POUILLY FUMĒ JEAN PABIOT France: Fragrant, smokey aromas with zesty fruit. 12.5% vol.
- SANCERRE ANDRE VATAN France: Gooseberry aroma with currant leaf and asparagus notes 12.5% vol.
- CHABLIS LAMBLIN & FILS France: Medium bodied. Citrus flavours with structure and balance. 12.5% vol.
- PINOT GRIGIO ALFREDINI Italy: Crisp, light and refreshing.Well balanced and easy to drink 12% vol.
- SAUVIGNON BLANC JACKSON ESTATE New Zealand: A distinctly aromatic and intensely flavoured. Long finish with refreshingly crisp acidity.
- LA VIGNETTE France: Rose petal and light strawberry fruit, deliciously crisp and delicate. 12.5% vol.
- HOUSE RED France: Comte de valois 2012 12.5% vol. light and opulent.
- MERLOT GRAN HACIENDA Chile: Medium Bodied with a smooth, fruity palate. 13.5% vol.
- DEUTZ NV CHAMPAGNE Great value Champagne from an excellent producer. 12% vol.
- PROSECCO (EXTRA DRY) Dry and light with good summer fruit characteristics. 11.5%vol.
- POUILLY FUMĒ ‘LES LOGES’ 2013 12.5% DOMINIQUE GUYOT Fragrant smokey aromas backed up by zesty and characterful Sauvignon Blanc
- SANCERRE LES PERRIERS 2014 13% ANDRĒ VATAN One of the best, gooseberry and elder flower bouquet, medium acidity and a long, Dry finish
- SANCERRE MAGES 2012 12.5% A premium Sauvignon with classic Sancerre flavours and great acidity. Exclusive to us in the the South west.
OTHER REGIONS OF FRANCE
- SAUVIGNON BLANC SAINT BRIS 2013 LAMBLINS & FILS A Burgundian Sauvignon Blanc – A rare bird and attractive plump zesty dry white.
- SAUVIGNON BLANC SAINT DESIR 2013 COTES DE GASCOGNE Gooseberry and citrus aroma, zingy overtones of lemons, lime and green capsicum. A long clean finish.
- MONTES SAUVIGNON BLANC ‘CLASSIC SERIES’ 2013 Hints of Asparagus and Gooseberry. Light Fruit. A touch of vanilla with a hint of sweetness.
- GRAN HACIENDA SAUVIGNON BLANC 2014 13.5% SANTA RITA Crisp and refreshing with fruity aromas of citrus blossoms and peaches balanced by herbaceous undertones.
- KLEIN CONSTANTIA SAUVIGNON BLANC 2013 CONSTANTIA Aromas of limes, peppers and asparagus herald a lively palate packed with flavours.
- CLOUDY BAY SAUVIGNON BLANC 2014 MARLBOROUGH Notes of elderflower, lime zest, and stone fruit. Ripe, fine and succulent with citrus flavours and an edge of minerality.
- JACKSON ESTATE SAUVIGNON BLANC 2013 13.5% MARLBOROUGH Distinctly aromatic and intensely flavoured. Long finish with refreshingly crisp acidity.
- 152 THE FATHOMS SAUVIGNON BLANC 2014 WAIRARAPA Zesty on the palate with lots of lime and a nettly herbaceousness, this is an aromatic with a refreshing dry finish.
BURGUNDY AND CENTRAL FRANCE
109 CHABLIS 2013 12.5% LAMBLIN & FILS – Award winner from a top vineyard. Complex with white acacia flower aromas. Citrus fruit flavours and mineral notes. ½ BOTTLE £15.50
110 CHABLIS 1ER CRU VAILLON 2012 13% LAMBLIN & FILS – Straw, lime, apple and orange blossom aromas. Great texture and mouthfeel. Complex, crisp and refined.
111 SAINT-VERAN 2012 13% DOMAINE DES PERSERONS – Aromas of ginger with lemon and a hint of buttery honey. The palate is silky with citrus, baked apple, well integrated oak.
112 MACON-CHARNAY 2014 13% APPELLATION MACON-CHARNAY – Fresh, youthful and zesty with clean, textured fruit. Full flavoured with good length.
113 PULIGNY-MONTRACHET 1er CRU 2013 13.5% JEAN-LOUIS CHAVY – A superb wine that is vigorous, balanced and ripe showing great richness and intensity.
114 MONTAGNY 2011 13 % GRAND VIN DE BOURGOGNE – A complex Chardonnay made with grapes from old vines. Lemony fruit and great length.
115 POUILLY FUISSĒ CLOS REYSSIE 2012 13% GEORGES DE BOEUF – Rich Chardonnay. Distinctive gunfire notes with a long minerally finish. Goes well with all fish.
116 MERSAULT 1ER CRU BLAGNY 2013 13% DOMAINE GERARD THOMAS – A real thoroughbred with its spicy mineral bouquet leading in to a palate that exudes honeysuckle and acacia blossom. It is a superbly focused wine made in small batches.
142 PULENTA ESTATE CHARDANNAY 2012 13.5% MENDOZA, ARGENTINA – Tropical fruit flavours typical of proper fruit maturity, with chocolate and vanilla notes. Aged in French oak.
143 MONTES CHARDONNAY ‘CLASSIC SERIES’ 2012 13.5% CHILE – Great New World Chardonnay. Lots of character with a touch of oak..
146 KLEIN CONSTANTIA CHARDONNAY 2012 12.5% CONSTANTIA – A well made wine with subtle oak, citrus aromas with mouth filling flavours and a minerally finish.
155 FIVE FOOT TRACK CHARDONNAY 2013 13.5% S.E. AUSTRALIA – Subtle citrus fruit aromas balanced by ripe pineapple and mango with a delicate buttery finish.
101 MUSCADET SUR LIE 2014 12% DOMAINE LE FIEF DE LA BRIE £19.95
Light with crisp acidity that is ideal with seafood. Minerally and fresh with a broad, creamy character.
102 MUSCADET SUR LIE 2013 12% CHATEAU DE CLERAY SEVRE ET MAINE £24.95
A superb wine made with grapes from old vines adding complexity to a lemon fresh finish.
104 VOUVRAY DEMI-SEC 2013 12% PIERRE GUERY £20.50
Near medium sweet with apple and pear flavours, crisp with clean zesty finish.
100 VOUVRAY SEC 2013 12.5% JEAN CLAUDE ET DIDIER AUBERT £24.50
An elegant, dry and crisp Vouvray with brown apple flavours, good acidity and length.
BORDEAUX AND SOUTHERN FRANCE
120 CASSIS 2013 13% CLOS STE MAGDELEINE, PROVENCE £34.50
The ultimate seafood partner. Aromas of wild herbs and a whiff of Provençal pine precede an alluring citrus palate, with an attractive, slightly-oily finish.
121 CONDRIEU LES TERROIRS 2013 13.5% DOMAINE MERLIN FRANCOIS £58.95
Stunning. Rich and complex, Subtle mineral scents with superb structure.
123 PICPOUL DE PINET 2013 13% DOMAINES DES LAURIERS £21.50
Crisp. Pear and melon, nice acidity, citrus fruit, refreshing. green apple on the finish.
124 GAILLAC BLANC 2014 12.5% CHATEAU LIONS LAMARTINE £17.95
Aromas of mandarine, apricot and white flowers leads a to rich palate bursting with fruit.
128 LYME BAY BACCHUS 2014 11% AXMINSTER, DEVON £24.50
A lovely crisp, off-dry local wine with grapefruit nettle and elderflower flavours and a long finish. Perfect with Lyme Bay seafood!
129 LYME BAY BACCHUS FUMĒ 2014 11% AXMINSTER, DEVON £25.95
Fermented using wild yeast then stored in French oak barriques for 6 months resulting in a complex wine with hints of grapefruit, spicy oak and lemon with an exceptionally long finish.
135 PINOT GRIGIO ALFREDINI 2014 12% VENETO £16.95
Light, refreshing and crisp with aromas of lime, grapefruit and lemon. Easy drinking.
136 GAVI DI GAVI LA MEIRANA 2013 12.5% BROGLIA £27.50
An aromatic dry white with green apple, kiwi and light herbal character typical of the Cortese grape.
138 RIOJA BLANCO CUNE 2013 13% D.O.C. £22.50
A full-bodied white Rioja with floral aromas and exotic fruit flavours with balanced oak.
139 ALBARINO MARTIN CODAX 2013 12.5% £25.95
A nose of mineral, spring flowers And lemon peel. Ripe balanced and concentrated.
148 KLEIN CONSTANTIA RIESLING 2013 13% CONSTANTIA £24.95
An elegant, vibrant, off-dry and concentrated Riesling from a top producer on the Cape peninsula.
160 ROSĒ D’ANJOU 2014 10.5% DOMAINE DES CEDRAS £20.50
A delightful rosé made from Grolleau and Cabernet Franc grapes. Off dry, crisp and fruity.
161 COTES DE PROVENCE DOMAINE DE LA VIEILLE TOUR 2014 13% PROVENCE £21.50
Vibrant dry rosé with notes of strawberry and watermelon. Lively acidity.
162 LA VIGNETTE 12% DOMAINE DE CORNEILLE PAYS D’OC. £16.95
Our house rosé. Rose petal and light strawberry fruit, deliciously crisp and delicate on the palate.
163 SANCERRE MOULIN BELE 2013 12.5% ANDRĒ VATAN £28.50
A lovely dry rose with summer fruit flavours and delicious acidity.
164 PINOT GRIGIO ROSATO TORRE ALTA 12% 2014 VENETO, ITALY £17.95
A beautiful pale pink blend of 5% Merlot with Pinot Grigio. Soft strawberry flavours with Floral notes
CHAMPAGNE AND SPARKLING
190 DEUTZ NV. 12% CHAMPAGNE £42.40
Our house Champagne. Beautifully pure and elegant with a refreshing lemony aroma. ½ bottle £25.50
192 BOLLINGER SPECIAL CUVEE 12% CHAMPAGNE £58.50
Aged at least three years in the cellars. Elegant and refined with notes of roasted nuts, honey and peaches.
193 BOLLINGER LA GRANDE ANNĒE 2004 12% CHAMPAGNE £109.95
La Grande Annēe is an interpretation of an outstanding grape harvest blended from Grand and Premier crus of an exceptional year. A rare and harmonious blend with intense, rich and complex aromas.
194 DEUTZ ROSĒ N.V. 12% CHAMPAGNE £54.95
Well known for its complex and delightful aroma.
195 PROSECCO SUPERIORE 2014 COL DE SALICI 11.5% ITALY £25.50
A sophisticated, vinous Prosecco, with aromas of spring flowers and stone fruit. Delicate citrus on the palate. Fine bubbles and a clean dry finish.
196 PROSECCO ROSĒ IL FOLLO DI VALDOBBIADENE 11.5% ITALY £25.95
Fragrant with summer fruit aromas, fresh and lively on the palate, dry and crisp.
170 BORDEAUX SUPERIEUR 2012 13% CHATEAU D’AZBAC. BORDEAUX £24.95
90% Merlot with Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon from mature vines. Smooth and supple with red fruit flavours.
173 SAUMUR CHAMPIGNY 2013 12.5% DOMAINE FILLIATREAU. LOIRE £24.95
A classic, light, cool climate Cabernet Franc with a lovely summer berry bouquet and juicy red fruit palate off set by ripe youthful tannins.
174 SANCERRE ROUGE 2012 12.5% ANDRĒ VATAN. LOIRE £29.50
Excellent with seafoods. Stylish and smooth with a hint of acidity
175 LA MADONE FLEURIE 2012 13% GEORGES DUBOEUF. BEAUJOLAIS £25.95
A light, fruity fleurie. Aromas of Cherries and Raspberries. A perfect match for seafood. ½ BOTTLES (204) £14.50
176 PINOT NOIR PAPARUDA ESTATE SELECTION 2014 12% JUD TIMIS £19.95
A soft, herbal pinot with red cherry, tarragon and fresh tobacco notes. Juicy, light and berry filled with a velvety finish. Available chilled.
178 RIOJA CRIANZA 2012 13.5% £20.95
Lightly-coloured, with clean red spicy fruit, a touch of leather and a polished, soft palate that makes it very pleasant and easy to drink.
179 GRAN HACIENDA MERLOT 2013 13.5% SANTA RITA, CHILE £20.50
A complex aroma combining ripe black fruits and sweet plums with vanilla and spice notes. A concentrated palate with a ripe smooth structure.
180 GRAN HACIENDA CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2014 13.5% SANTA RITA. CHILE £19.95
A fine nose of blackcurrants, cloves and vanilla, on the palate juicy ripe fruit, plums and leather.
181 NORTON PEDRIEL MALBEC 2010 14.5% MENDOZA, ARGENTINA £22.95
A ripe, succulent wine offering aromas of violets, spice and tobacco, around, mouth filling palate of berry flavours.
182 NORTON FINCA LA COLONIA BARBERA 2014 14% MENDOZA, ARGENTINA £22.95
Aromas of red fruits, plums and raspberries. A long, elegant palate with fruity notes along with some spice.
183 FIVE FOOT TRACK SHIRAZ 2013 14% SOUTH EASTERN AUSTRALIA £17.50
A ripe and round red with smooth blackcurrant flavours, silky soft tannins and a hint of spice and pepper.
201 SANCERRE LES PERRIERS 2014 12.5% ANDRĒ VATAN. LOIRE £15.50
One of the best, gooseberry and elder flower bouquet, medium acidity and a long, Dry finish.
202 CHABLIS LAMBLINS & FILS 2013 12.5% BURGUNDY £15.50
Award winning from a top vineyard. Medium bodied with good structure and balance.
203 POUILLY FUMĒ 2013 12.5% JEAN PABIOT. LOIRE £15.50
Fragrant smokey aromas backed up by zesty and characterful Sauvignon Blanc fruit.
204 LA MADONE FLEURIE 2012 13% GEORGES DUBOEUF. BEAUJOLAIS £14.50
A light, fruity fleurie. Aromas of Cherries and Raspberries. A perfect match for seafood. Also available chilled.
199 DEUTZ NON VINTAGE £25.50
Our house Champagne. Beautifully pure and elegant with a refreshingly lemony aroma.
DESSERT WINE BOTTLES (ALSO AVAILABLE BY GLASS)
206 ELYSIUM BLACK MUSCAT 2013 15% A. QUADY, CALIFORNIA. ½ BOTTLE £22.50; 75ML GLASS £5.95
Rare Black Muscat. Rich Port like colour. Sweet rose and lychee palate.
209 SAUTERNES 2008 13.5% CH. RAYMOND-LAFON. BORDEAUX ½ BOTTLE £26.95; 75ML GLASS £7.50
A spicy, aromatic and luscious sweet wine with wonderful length. Classis Sauternes style
210 MUSCAT BEAUMES DE VENISE 2012 15% FRANCE ½ BOTTLE £19.95; 75ML GLASS £4.95
100% Muscat Blanc. Rich and powerful citrus fruit with a sweet character.
211 PLUM INFUSED SAKI 14% AKASHI TAI. JAPAN 50CL BOTTLE £29.95; 75ML GLASS £5.75
A perfectly balanced ginjo grade sweet Sake infused with plums. Ideal with fruity desserts.